AN ENTREPRENEURIAL COMMUNITY. AN ADVISORY NETWORK. AN EDUCATIONAL HUB.
Founded in 2001 by a group of Pakistani American entrepreneurs and corporate executives, OPEN Silicon Valley, or Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs of North America, is a non-profit dedicated to providing educational programs, career coaching, business mentoring and networking opportunities for our members in the Bay Area. OPEN provides a gateway to successful and advantageous relationships through the accessibility to influential members in our community.
Our mission is to promote entrepreneurship and professional growth by connecting professionals, entrepreneurs and leaders in the community of Silicon Valley through workshops, events and mentoring opportunities. Our key goals for our members are:
- Facilitate and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Promote and provide growth opportunities within the greater community.
- Provide mentorship to enterprising individuals through a variety of programs designed to challenge and empower them.
- Develop ongoing events through which local professionals can meet and establish relationships amongst themselves and with other influential individuals.
- Recognize the accomplishments of Pakistani American entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Networking opportunities for professional and personal growth.
I came to OPEN with an idea, and since then have raised $20 million for my startup
OPEN has played a much larger role... It has created a lot of inspiration, a lot of guidance and a Mentor-ship network that has benefited everyone including myself
OPEN brings people together and creates a platform to exchange ideas.
What's unique about OPEN is that it inspires you to pursue your passion
I volunteered for four years and attended several events and made great connections.